Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior HR Business Partner
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Human Resources
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat People (HR) team is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will provide business performance consulting and coaching on organizational design and effectiveness, talent strategy, and associate engagement to our leaders in corporate functions. You’ll serve as a trusted advisor and partner to senior leadership and their global teams. You will engage in business strategy assessment and review and contribute to that strategy by helping leaders identify where their organizations can invest resources to increase business performance. You’ll assess organizational capabilities, identify competency and talent gaps, consult on organizational design initiatives, ensure development and engagement of HR resources, and support talent assessment and succession planning. As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will connect business strategies required for success with HR strategies and talent actions. You’ll partner with peer HR business partners and HR specialists in Talent Acquisition (TA), Talent Development, Compensation, and Employee Relations teams, using a team-based approach to deliver high-quality, consumable HR services that enable attainment of strategic business goals and initiatives. You’ll support the implementation and adoption of new HR programs by guiding effective change management practices within customer groups. You should have an extensive background in talent management and development, organizational design and effectiveness, change management, strategic consultation, and coaching and a solid understanding of HR specialty areas. You’ll need to be highly adaptable and flexible as your responsibilities to support multiple functions will grow and change over time to support the effective delivery of HR solutions to the company.
Primary job responsibilities
- Report to the HR Senior Director for the Americas in Raleigh, NC
- Identify, integrate, and deliver effective HR services like talent management and development, organizational design and effectiveness, change management, strategic consultation and coaching, and employee engagement strategies
- Serve as an ambassador of talent management and provide development coaching to leaders
- Collaborate with fellow HR colleagues around the world on talent initiatives for the business
- Partner closely with HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and global HR teams to ensure the successful design and implementation of HR solutions and programs across customer groups
- Consult and coach customers around our total rewards philosophy and its application to guide quality decisions
- Use tools, your knowledge, and other information sources to identify business trends and ensure that appropriate CoE solutions are in place to support
- Advise and counsel customers regarding promotion and career progression decisions including effects on organizational design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- 15+ years of progressively increasing responsibility as a strategic HR business partner in a high-tech or high-growth business with global scope
- Demonstrated record of persuading senior-level customers globally to adopt best practices in HR
- Ability to consult leaders through organizational effectiveness, design, and change initiatives
- Compelling and naturally persuasive communicator with the ability to guide the direction of the ultimate outcome in a collaborative manner; ability to communicate decisions in a style that reflects a team-oriented culture
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company
- Solid executive presence with excellent communication and operational instincts; good strategic skills and sound business judgment
- Demonstrated competence in supporting multiple projects simultaneously with a solid focus on results
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills including persuasion, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience working with global HR counterparts and supporting global team structures in a rapidly changing and complex work environment
- Experience partnering with corporate functions like finance and IT is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.