Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Red Hat
- Job ID
- Software Engineering
- Remote base
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in the U.S. In this role, you will be joining the Continuous Productization team, to work on automating, improving, and streamlining the release processes of the Red Hat offerings. You will be working on open source projects, collaborating with other continuous integration (CI) engineers and members from the Development and Quality Engineering (QE) teams. You will work with the latest technologies available in the market today, including virtualization technologies like Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes; change and configuration management technologies like Red Hat Ansible Automation, Jenkins, and Tekton; and a variety of language bindings like Java, Python, or Groovy.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with various CI and CD tools and assist with offerings like Jenkins, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat OpenShift, and containers
- Actively participate in the release orchestration for containers; this includes community, infrastructure, and support
- Provide support for CI and CD across various projects, streams, etc.
- Write Groovy, Python, Ansible, and Shell scripts to automate and integrate with other projects, and automate existing manual flows
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Improve current solutions and workflows
- Prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure-prone ones
- Communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff, including senior management
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Graduate of computer science or software engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of proven experience with Linux operating system, at least as a power user
- 3+ years of experience writing code either in Python, Groovy, or Bash
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, including performing root cause
- analysis for preventative analysis
- Technical understanding of processes and ability to learn new technical processes
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex issues to deliver great results on schedule
- Ability to work equally well as both an individual contributor and a team member
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.