Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Credit Services
at Revlon, Inc.
- Lead a Credit Services Team to focus on “Order to Cash” cycle functional responsibilities in order to maximize cash flow and total clearances, ensure timely resolution of customer claims, and negotiate favorable settlements on disputed claims.
- Develop and facilitate favorable relationships with customers (all levels up to and including senior management) to enable proactive identification and correction of problems/issues resulting in a profitable relationship.
- Partner and collaborate with Sales, Finance, Customer Logistics, Distribution, Transportation and other internal customers to improve customer service and reduce operational costs.
- Ensure teams produce monthly cash forecast for assigned portfolio.
- Work with internal auditors to provide backup and explanations on cash and receivables matters
- Review credit files, risk management reports, credit references, and supplemental data to evaluate credit risk to recommend and approve implementation of credit lines for new accounts or changes to existing accounts
- Monitor orders on credit hold daily to determine if orders should be released. Requires ability to access acceptable risk to protect the company’s investment in accounts receivable while providing adequate support for desired sales growth.
- Review necessary documentation to refer past due accounts to outside collection agencies or attorneys.
- Orchestrate production of monthly cash forecast. Data requires interaction with the customers, Sales and Customer Logistics. Provide analysis of actual vs forecast of monthly cash receipts for reporting to upper management.
- Analyze accounts and accounts receivable to identify financial trends and opportunities. Work with team to initiate changes to forecast as deemed necessary.
- Provide assertive leadership to staff members for all Domestic or Canadian portfolios. Portfolios are diverse, consisting of mass retailers, major drug chains, food, distributors, and some smaller, typically higher risk, accounts. Handle escalated issues that require interaction with customer and Revlon senior management. The ability to achieve the expected invoice collection has a significant impact on the cash flow of the company.
- Coordinate investigation of Domestic and Canadian customer claims. Claim types include returns, return discounts, shortages, freight, destroyed in field, pricing, and coupons. Must ensure accounts are reconciled in accordance with Credit guidelines.
- Bring account issues to a resolution through negotiations with customer’s accounts payable management and/or buying office. Resolution may involve a coordinated effort with internal Revlon departments (Sales, Customer Logistics, Distribution, and/or Transportation). Analyze accounts to ensure that team members exhaust all appropriate collection efforts before elevating to senior management/business issues, holding orders, or referring to outside collection.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with major customers and with all internal and external departments to reconcile and resolve disputed items such as price discrepancies, receiving issues, and ensure timely payments of invoices to credit terms.
- Negotiate large settlements with customers on stalemated charges that cannot be fully supported (i.e., concealed shortages, unearned cash discounts, return discrepancies).
- Lead and manage the development, implementation, and communication of the company’s credit and collections policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to direct reports by offering coaching and constructive feedback to help develop staff into a high performing team. Must empower staff through appropriate delegation.
- Is responsible to develop, maintain and communicate on a continuous basis the departmental goals for the team and provide timely feedback on progress. Take ownership of responsibilities and take concrete actions to help team succeed.
- Accountable for the collection effort of all receivables, this includes monitoring, reviewing, and training of staff. Continuous assessment of staff work loads to ensure adequate working of receivables.
- Promote teamwork within the area to ensure a professional service oriented work environment.
- Liaison with outside departments to bring issues to a prompt conclusion. Must be able to debate issues with confidence, make concrete proposals, and offer a fact based point of view.
- Review and approve internal clearances and issuance of debits and credits within assigned authority level.
- Continuously examine processes and procedures to recommend changes needed to maximize efficiencies.
- Proactively identify/resolve issues to improve relationships with retail partners or improve operational costs. Productive interaction with management in Sales, Finance, Customer Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, carriers, and accounts is required.
- Establish clearly defined goals and responsibilities and objectively evaluate and communicate staff performance.
- Lead credit team by demonstrating core Revlon competencies: Collaboration, Communication, Accountability, and Execution in accordance with Revlon’s Operational Framework.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Have thorough knowledge of all aspects of Cash Applications, Credit, Claims, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service and related departments that act as decision-makers on customer claims.
- Must be results oriented, display professional attitude and have the ability to coordinate multi tasks and heavy workloads under tight schedules.
- Demonstrated negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with upper management, interdepartments, and internal/external customers.
- Knowledgeable in financial system applications, and their inter-relationships (9CI, SAP, Viewstar, Oracle)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
Minimum Education Required:
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred, or relevant and equivalent work experience.
- Professional Credit Certification preferred.
Minimum Years Experience Required:
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTROL OF EXPENDITURES:
- Provide approval for deduction clearance within assigned authority level.