Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bridge Inspection Team Leader
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
We are currently seeking a Bridge Inspection Team Leader for our Transportation-Construction Management Practice.
The Bridge Inspection Team Leader opportunity requires extensive knowledge of structural inspection, testing, and analysis, non-destructive testing techniques, structural engineering principles, project development, project management, methods and techniques of highway construction and contract administration. This position requires skill in directing, organizing, and coordinating multiple task orders, inspection teams and sub-consultants on various types of projects including Routing Bridge Safety Inspections, structure and bridge Loading Ratings, construction engineering and inspection of bridge projects.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- 8+ yrs. Experience performeing roadway and/or bridge inspection
- Ability to meet client prequalification requirements as a Team Leader
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance and repair procedures, inspection methods, and common bridge types and components
- Successful completion of FHWA-NHI-130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Must have good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move you to 50 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Engineering Technology
- 5 years of verifiable NBIS in-service bridge inspection experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer or able to obtain NC PE License
- Familiar with AASHTO Manual for Bridge Element Inspection
- Experience performing load ratings on Routine NCDOT Bridge Inspection assignments/task work orders
- Experience with WIGINS
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, bridge and structure plans and specifications
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and CAD
- Willingness to travel overnight for bridge inspection assignments
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) experience
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
Our construction management experts provide a full range of program management and specialized testing and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. If you want to work on some of the nation’s most complex transportation projects, join our team of construction professionals.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.