Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Off-Road Mobile Equipment Design Engineer-Hydraulics
at RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking several growth oriented entry level to experienced candidates to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Sanford, NC. You will work with a team of engineers to provide highly engineered, optimized designs of Off-road mobile equipment using state of the art engineering tools.
Our customer's facility is a world-class engineering and manufacturing center. This is a full time position that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
Depending on experience, this position may also require the candidate to complete a customized training program at our home office in Eden Prairie, MN prior to beginning their assignment at the customer site. The training program will be 1-4 weeks in length.
Hydraulic Design Engineer
The job duties for this position are associated with custom component and systems design for current products on specific vehicles and include:
- Focusing on development of hydraulic systems.
- Concept, design, and detail hydraulic lines routings for construction equipment.
- Validation of components on vehicle.
- Ability to mark up part drawings with updated details and direct detailer to release.
- Collaboration between several internal cross functional teams
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection and integration
- Use of Creo 4.0 and Teamcenter to support 3-D Modeling of components.
- Creation and support of 2D drawings and specification documentation
- Work with manufacturing, testing departments, and suppliers to develop efficient and cost effective designs
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers.
- 3 years experience in hydraulic or similar technical field.
- BSME, BSAgE, BSMET degree or AAS with applicable experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to read prints and related hydraulic documentaion
- Experience with Excel/Microsoft suite to be used for data analytics
- Experience in 3-D Modeling Software; Creo 4.0 (Pro/Engineer) experience (Proficient)
- Previous experience with Teamcenter
- Design experience or exposure to off-road mobile equipment
- Desire to work in an engineering environment focusing on robust & cost effective designs
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers dating back to 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, MN, Satellite office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with qualified plan.
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly