Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Construction Inspector
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Construction Services
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform highly complex technical assignments in field surveying and construction layout, making, and checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work, and conducting field tests
- Monitor the contractor’s on site construction activities and inspecting materials entering into the work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions for the construction contract
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations and events that affect the work, monitoring and inspecting contractor’s work zone traffic control plan as well as reviewing modifications to the plan
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Hiring is contingent upon our team being selected for the I-5877/I-5986A project in Fayetteville, NC.
- Salary is subject to NCDOT approval and may vary.
- Position is not expected to start until March of 2020, subject to NCDOT approval.
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent plus four (4) years of experience in construction inspection, two (2) years of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection with the exception of Complex Category 2 (CC2) bridge structures; or
- Civil Engineering degree and one (1) year of road & bridge CEI experience with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within one year (Note: Senior Engineer Intern classification requires one (1) year experience as an Engineer Intern)
- CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level I
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level II (Bridges)
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level II CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level II
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- CTQP Grouting Technician Level I
- CTQP Post-Tensioning Technician Level I
- IMSA Traffic Signal Technician Level I
- DOT Intermediate MOT
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.