SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst Intern (Year Round)
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Hiring Manager
- Lisa Vulinec
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Not Offered
- Kristen Garbarino
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
The Finance Global Reporting and Analysis team provides support to all SAS Divisions on a wide range of operational assignments, including supporting the budget, financial planning, cost analysis, and preparing the monthly financial reporting package. This position will provide support to the Global Information Technology Division.
In this role, the intern will have the opportunity to gain experience and exposure to:
- Gathering, analyzing, and summarizing financial results
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of the IT annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Supporting the IT financial business processes, systems improvements and procedure changes
- Providing monthly reports and variance analysis
We need you to:
- Enrolled in a degree seeking program and not graduating prior to May 2021.
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a leader. You’re the one sitting in the front row of the class.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re a college student enrolled in an accredited program.
- You’ve got practical experience inside or outside of school or work. Do you enjoy compiling financial reports and budgets? We’d love to hear about it!
- University students pursuing a degree in business, finance, accounting or MIS. It must be an accredited program.
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- Work Hours: Available to work 10-20 hours per week during the academic year, and full-time hours during the summer of 2020.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Teamwork. With a dash of independence.
- You’ve got a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Just like showing up for work, going to class is #vital.
- Emails. You have to know how to write them.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.