SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Pre-Sales Support - Technical/Transformation
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Visa Sponsorship
- Travel Requirements
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Manager, Pre-Sales Support to drive transformation and innovation strategies specifically focusing on our Technical Architect team. You will directly manage a staff consisting of personnel within the Pre-Sales Support Job Families in order to provide sales consultation to SAS customers on our product and solution portfolio. In this position, you will assist in the creation and implementation of sales initiatives, optimal staffing for sales support execution and the establishment of best practices that drive SAS revenue. This role is a working manager role and does require hands on ability with SAS products, the newest technology offerings. You will help to modernize our approach to showcasing our architecture strategies, while fully understanding emerging and competitive challenges. In this role, you will establish presentation and message standards across team members while modernizing and enhancing their skills. This position is very much a customer facing role, in a sales capacity. A working knowledge of industry best practices and standards are important.
- Hire, develop and retain pre-sales professionals with the necessary skills to drive our business forward.
- Understand Cloud, ML and AI technical standards and best practices. A Clear understanding of Open Source concepts and offerings is also required.
- Develop a plan to invest in each team members skills continuously upgrading and modernizing their approach.
- Interact and communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
- Directly manage day to day activities of pre-sales staff and sales support activities.
- Determine utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Assign areas of responsibility across team, including sales assignments or product specialty.
- Be responsible for consistent team-wide delivery of SAS technology and solution messages to customers in sales engagements.
- Provide overall leadership on initiatives and projects; coordinate with other business units & geographies to share best practices and approaches.
- Ensure adherence to sales plans and strategies.
- Assist and identify key accounts, emerging technologies and initiative areas to determine strategies that maximize revenue.
- Make decisions for the team in support of regional goals and objectives; referring to upper management on major issues.
- Analyze cost and effort of pre-sales support.
- Support and reinforce best practices, with heavy emphasis on sales methodologies and consistency across the team.
- Work with sales management to fully qualify and manage the delivery of pre-sales Proof of Concept/Value engagements.
- Create with customers a business case on SAS technology & solutions and calculate value for the customer.
- Follow news/trends of SAS market to execute /fit SAS solutions and technology with business focus. (campaigns, sales initiatives…).
- Ensure pre-sales team participation in activities that provide a strong transition to post-sales process and customer adoption.
- Administer all company policy and practices for employees in their organization.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Assist with the development of our Partner/Alliance ecosystem.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Communicates corporate marketing strategies and procedures of assigned company software products or market segments to sales and technical sales support staff and third-party relationships.
- May recommend changes in strategy where and when appropriate.
- Work with Field Strategy and Support organization to assure accurate, consistent delivery of marketing message and product capability message.
- Provides consistent, ongoing input to Field Strategy and Support organization based on experiences and feedback from field sales engagements.
- Participates in SAS related customer events and Executive Briefing sessions.
- Some global account support required.
- Ability to travel 60% or as business needs require.
- Location: Cary, NC and United States.
What we’re looking for
Strong preference for management experience.
- Strong understanding of AI and ML marketplace and strategies.
- Understanding of Cloud best practices and deployment strategies.
- Culturally compatible management style.
- Understands the competitive landscape and our differentiators.
- Strong understanding of positioning software, and services in a sales environment.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of hardware and software sales techniques and principles;
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one industry or market segment;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of company’s marketing concepts.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
- Requires eight years of experience in technical sales, marketing, or support. Three years of experience selling, supporting, or using applications with SAS or similar technologies. Two years’ experience in a leadership role.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.