SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Software Developer
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Research and Development
- Hiring Manager
- Lisa Brown
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Not Offered
- Tom Polak
Systems Software Developer
Every now and then a rare opportunity comes along for you to take your natural passion and drive for systems programming and apply it to a company that is a leader in Analytics and one of the best companies in the world to work for year after year. That company is SAS and that rare opportunity exists for you right now! If you have an innate drive and determination to help software do what it’s supposed to do, then read on.
Data access frameworks and services are foundational components in SAS Software. The ability to access data at scale from commercial and open source data platforms is a focus for SAS R&D as we strive to extend our analytic, visualization, and data management capabilities to all phases of the business analytic lifecycle.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a passionate Systems Software Developer at SAS on the Data Access team within the Platform Division of SAS R&D, you will be part of an innovative, agile, and dynamic team designing and developing solutions to data access problems for relational, NoSQL, and big data platforms. There are opportunities within the team that span data access, integration, and embedded computation software engineering problems. We’re looking for a Developer who loves to design, develop, and de-bug software. We need a team-player who’s passionate about software and who’s willing to go the extra mile to develop the best code.
- Be joining a cross-functional team comprised of varying skills sets and experiences, ranging from ODBC driver implementations to SQL language processors.
- Constantly be striving to enhance the customer experience and be looking for ways to streamline the development workflows and coding patterns to accelerate product delivery while maintaining exceptionally high-quality standards.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have earned a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have 1+ years of experience in commercial software development.
- You have strong experience coding in a strongly typed programming language (I.e. Java, C, C++, etc.).
- You have exposure to C/C++ fundamentals whether on the job or through academia.
The nice to haves
- SQL, MySQL, Oracle or other types of RDBMS.
- Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Python, PHP, Perl or other scripting tools.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Understand software development – you know the lingo and tools of the trade.
- Possess a general knowledge of our products and their applications.
- Possess strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- You know how to choose your own adventure and go it alone, but you can also work cooperatively towards a team goal.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Be curious and a problem-solver.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.