SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Enablement Academy - Associate Technical Consultant (United States)
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Hiring Manager
- Brian Miles
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Not Offered
- Lindsay Whitfield
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We build software for the world's most talented thinkers. That means we need to push boundaries daily. At SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
As an Associate Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with consultants from across many divisions of the company to develop and share new ideas, techniques, and approaches for implementing projects using a wide array of SAS software. You will work with leading edge software, tools, and resources to develop solutions that address our customers’ computing challenges.
To prepare you for an opportunity with SAS Global Hosting and US Professional Services, you’ll attend a multi-week intensive technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to build and implement software to meet the complex computing needs of our customers. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications.
Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Consultant to provide consulting services to clients, including solution development and software implementation at customer sites, within the SAS hosted environment, or within a public Cloud.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working and collaborating with others on consulting projects and special projects.
- Providing reliable delivery of targeted project results through the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Understanding, utilizing, and communicating best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Installing SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Participating in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Leveraging detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field.
- Academic or work experience with C, Java, Python or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Knowledge of relational database systems and the SQL language.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Experience programming with the SAS language.
- Experience with big data technologies.
- Experience with cloud software or cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with users with various technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel internally and domestically as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
This position is located in our Cary, NC headquarters office.
**This is an entry-level position. If you are being considered, please note that you might need to provide a copy of your academic transcript. **
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF). Also view the supplement EEO is the Law (PDF), and the notice Pay Transparency (PDF).
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.