SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Advanced Analytics
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Category
- Research and Development
- Hiring Manager
- Stuart Nisbet
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Not Offered
- Darren Shrum
We are seeking a results-driven leader who is passionate about applying leadership, organizational discipline and technology to continue and accelerate SAS’s leading position in the advanced and predictive analytics market. This executive provides leadership to capitalize on the deep set of capabilities in SAS software and is responsible for executing the strategy in core competencies of SAS:
- Laying the foundation for highly scalable, robust and performant algorithms in statistics, econometrics, operations research, machine learning and other quantitative fields
- Building and delivering tools for advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Embedding algorithmic automation and machine intelligence into SAS products
In the highly visible role of Vice President Advanced Analytics, you will report to the SVP Engineering in the CTO organization and interact with executives and senior leaders across the company and externally.
The Vice President Advanced Analytics assesses, recommends, and executes the analytics strategy for SAS. The leader helps the company capitalize on opportunities, makes strategic choices on resource focus and investments, and executes the company’s long-term strategy for growth and development in analytics.
We are looking for a leader to approach this role with a fresh perspective, innovative ideas and, crucially, the experience to successfully implement them, with a proven ability to deliver.
- Drive the design, development and deployment of the analytics solutions and tools.
- Collaborate with lines-of-business leaders to support analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence across the solution portfolio
- Create and reinforce a goal-oriented, collaborative culture amongst and across the business unit
- Manage teams to ensure revenue goals and other financial metrics are achieved.
- Use appropriate software development methodologies with small teams to foster agility and autonomy with accountability
- Create and support a culture that is focused on critical thinking; prioritize the development of business acumen and its applicability to help customers achieve business value.
- Turn business issues into the right research questions. Pursue and guide the best research approach through qualitative and quantitative consumer and impactful insights that move strategy forward and enable decision making.
- Analyze industry dynamics to formulate robust and timely strategic planning.
- Bring findings to life in innovative ways and communicate insights both internally and externally
- Manage key customer relationships and help support strategic sales opportunities.
- Engage with internal and external experts and constituents to develop a comprehensive perspective on strategic choices
Qualifications & Experience
- Expert understanding of analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Demonstrated expertise in software development, in particular re-use, componentry and agility
- Strong understanding of cloud, on-premises and edge computing
- Strong understanding of technology trends and their impact on data management and analytics
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing products and tools
- Demonstrated leadership, especially a matrix environment and change agent skill sets
- Ability to bring form and structure to the ambiguous
- Experience establishing & nurturing key customer relationships and supporting the closing of strategic opportunities.
- Extremely strong analytical, presentation, advanced abilities in business modeling and excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to interface, influence and manage with all levels of organization.
- MS degree in statistics, operations research, data science or other related quantitative field required; PhD preferred
Who we’re looking for…
- A leader of strong intellect and personal presence who inspires confidence in people at all levels.
- Self-directed; able to spearhead initiatives, translate plans into specific actions across a team, and execute with urgency.
- High degree of leadership, independent negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Entrepreneurial with a can-do / hands-on mentality.
- Excellent listener who absorbs and respects the opinions of others, but is decisive and able to influence.
- A collaborative leader who empowers others
- One who is accountable and in turn, holds people accountable
- A change agent – leading the team to the desired state through understanding
- A coach and developer of people
- Leads by example and generates respect and loyalty from peers, superiors and subordinates, as well as external links.
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient, and mature.
- Impeccable ethics and a high-level of integrity
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.