Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Test Engineer
at Schneider Electric
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 004U8O
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We are seeking a Senior Test Engineer to join our growing team. The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for verification of the continuous engineering work for the TeSys T System. The system includes hardware, firmware and software components. The ideal candidate will have experience performing system integration and testing, as well as a solid background in test fundamentals and automation. This role will be part-time test lead responsibilities and part-time individual contributor.
- Review the system and product specifications to fully understand the project details
- Plan and develop the test strategy for releases, consulting with Subject Matter experts to determine the needed test scope
- Define the test schedule and prioritization of tasks within the plan, with consultation from the project leads
- Plan and develop test cases to ensure the development implementation meets the requirements
- Use existing tools and techniques to design, develop, revise and execute automated and manual tests based on test cases
- Perform integration, new feature and regression testing
- Work with the Continuous Engineering team to root cause customer issues
- Enhance the existing test automation infrastructure to optimize testing
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Capture and report test progress
- Produce test deliverables as needed per project
- Minimum (5) years' experience in system test, specifically within an R&D Environment, including hardware & firmware
- Minimum (5) years of solid experience with automation and/or scripting languages (such as: Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, NI TestStand, VB etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience with issue tracking, configuration management and testing methodologies including Black box, White box, Integration, etc.
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience in functional verification of devices using various Ethernet-based communication protocols, including: Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Modbus/TCP
- Verification and/or Verification-related Tool Certifications (ISTQB, QAI, NI, etc.)
- Application knowledge, including PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) experience
- Experience with traceability between the test plan, test cases, automation sequences and the requirements
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled