Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Product Manager, Smart Outdoor Lighting Control and Smart City Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Global Product Manager, Smart Outdoor Lighting Control and Smart City Solutions. Sensus is a market leader in delivering Smart Infrastructure solutions to water, gas and electric utilities, and municipalities in the global market. These end to end solutions are comprised of sensors and control devices (such as meters); secure robust communications networks; software applications and analytical capabilities; and a full suite of complimentary services. The Global Product Manager will be responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for the Sensus Smart Outdoor Lighting Control product line and Smart City Solutions. This role manages its products through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition and working closely with R&D to deliver winning products to the market in close collaboration with other marketing functions, operations / supply chain and sales. This position has primary responsibility for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including; managing strategic pricing, developing strong value propositions, defining value-engineering priorities, identifying products to be discontinued, matching profitable product lines to suitable applications and analysis of competitive offerings.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develops the global product roadmap including business case covering product positioning, value proposition, volume and price to serve as input into product development, and marketing.
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition, market and technology trends for current and future products. Conducting product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits in collaboration with local-regional sales and marketing resources.
- Monitors sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and collaborate with other functions (e.g. sales) to develop countermeasures to close the gap
- Provides strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Being responsible for updating and distributing list pricing.
- Manages the entire product life cycle through phase-out and is responsible for keeping it competitive, providing ideas for technology development and initiating Value Engineering projects to maintain and expand profitability
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing preferred or equivalent work experience
- MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience, five or more in Product Marketing or Product Management with a successful technology oriented company.
- Must have the ability to organize, implement and maintain multiple strategies and programs.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Flexible individual, able to operate in a fast-paced environment with extensive travel.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Action and results oriented, able to communicate strategies and tactics, identify obstacles.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.