Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer (Automation)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Software Engineer, as a member of our System Integration Team Automation; the candidate will provide development, integration, verification, automation support for the Sensus portfolio of water, gas and electric metering products and AMR and AMI systems along with Automation Development and execution. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. The candidate will also work closely with software and hardware developers to insure the full integration of quality products. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interest in designing and developing Automation framework
- Experience in setup, managing, and supporting various test environments
- Experience in working with serial, RF communications
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and testing techniques
- A strong sense of ownership and drive
- Desire to learn from experienced engineers, architects and Managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years in depth knowledge of C#
- Strong Object Oriented knowledge
- Basic understanding of Java
- Skills for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean readable C# code.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated Testing platforms and unit tests.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Basic knowledge of test methodologies and statistical tools used to solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Exposure to Oracle / SQL databases/MySQL/SQLite big plus
- Mobile automation, Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- RF communication exposure
- Visual Studio command
- Familiarity with : SVN, Coverity, Test Track, Selenium, Appium, JIRA, TestRail, Confluence, Jenkins.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.