Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
Social & Scientific Systems (SSS) works to improve public health worldwide by providing full service research support to government, non-profit, and commercial clients. Our main practice areas include epidemiology, clinical research, and health policy. Our epidemiologic studies focus on the impact of the physical and social environment on human health, as well as genetic, occupational, and lifestyle risk factors. We are seeking an innovative biostatistician to serve on a multi-disciplinary team that analyses and reports on high-profile epidemiologic studies. This full-time position will be located in our Durham, NC office.
You will be part of a diverse team that includes study managers, epidemiologists, data managers, computer programmers, and others. Your role will be to provide statistical consulting services from study conception to completion. You will have the opportunity to explore the relationship between a wide variety of exposures and health outcomes and solve some of the most challenging statistical problems in the field of epidemiology. This position offers opportunities for professional development, implementations of novel methods, collaboration across disciplines, and publication.
- Providing statistical leadership on a range of epidemiologic research projects and proposals
- Developing sampling schemes and other aspects of study designs
- Developing and implementing statistical analysis plans
- Reviewing data collection processes and assessing data quality
- Generating tables, figures, and other data visualizations
- Publishing research findings in peer-reviewed manuscripts and research compendiums
- Collaboratively developing and justifying novel statistical approaches to address complex research questions using statistical theory.
- Providing guidance to analytic and programming staff
- PhD in biostatistics or closely related field plus 3 years of experience, or Master’s degree in biostatistics or closely related field plus 5 years of experience
- Experience in chronic disease epidemiology and health disparities research is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex survey data, such as NHIS, BRFSS, and NHANES
- Demonstrated experience conducting advanced statistical analyses, including longitudinal multi-level approaches and complex censoring
- Expertise in sampling designs and application of weighting for sampling design and non-response
- Expertise in conducting power and sample size calculations
- Strong career appropriate record of peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency in a range of statistical programming languages, such as SAS, STATA, and R
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Fluency in frequentist, Bayesian, and causal inference paradigms
SSS is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.