Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager 3 - Environmental Services / Custodial
- System ID
- Environmental Services / Custodial
- Relocation Type
- Yes - According to Grade
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Service Custodial Manager General Manager for Vidant Duplin Hospital. Vidant Duplin Hospital is an outstanding facility located in Kenansville, a picture-book town that’s big on friendly. You can count on compassionate care and personal attention here at our 81-bed facility, where our dedicated staff is committed to providing you with state-of-the-art services. Every day, we’re improving patient outcomes because we have access to the resources, research and clinical expertise of a major health care system.
Kenansville, county seat of Duplin County, is a peaceful small town rich in history and proud of its heritage. Kenansville is located in the fertile Coastal Plains of southeastern NC. Kenansville is just 55 miles north of Wilmington and 80 miles southeast of Raleigh.
Sodexo provides many non-clinical services and supports Vidant Health in their journey to be a World Class provider of health care to the greater Eastern North Carolina Area. This position supports that mission by providing leadership for our Food Service and Environmental Services teams in the delivery of safe, sanitary, innovative, and passionate execution of services to our Patients, Customers and hospital Employees in a variety of settings. There is a $2000 sign on bonus.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Exhibit Sodexo’s “CARES” behaviors (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Service)
- Exhibit Sodexo’s “FOSS” behaviors (Focus on Service Spirit)
- Possess the ability and passion to train and drive a mobile customer satisfaction tool for the purposes of assessing the quality of our products and services; and the skills to data-mine and provide key opportunities for improvement to the leadership teams at each Cone Health location
- Have the experience and drive to improve Employee and Customer Satisfaction
- Experience (helpful, but not necessary) with bedside order entry and room service patient dining program models
- Amazing Customer Service skills are a must!
- Ability to implement and adhere to the Sodexo operating standards for the programs being provided to Vidant Health.
- Drive, dependability, and the ability to work independently.
- Build and foster positive working relationships with key constituents.
- Ability to inspire employees to excel in Customer interactions.
- Be able to deliver superior results by directing and motivating a team of employees to complete assigned responsibilities.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.