Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head Geek - Data Protection
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
SolarWinds MSP is looking for an industry expert, that will be the face of the company for events/social marketing and provide content/expert opinion for training as it relates to data protection/backup & disaster recovery.
This person embodies a rare combination of deep technical skills and a passion for communication. This position fits into the SolarWinds unique "bottoms-up" marketing approach, establishing trust and credibility as a trusted advisor to our MSP’s on the front lines of IT maintenance, management, and support. You will facilitate an open dialog that challenges the MSP’s status quo and helps them consider the right solutions to their toughest challenges (even if said solutions do not always involve SolarWinds products). Ultimately, this position builds critical mass support for SolarWinds MSP solutions and helps establish them as technical standards in the MSP market through presentations, webinars, press briefings, thought-leadership articles, blogs, videos, demos, and participation on social media platforms. This person also serves as a diplomat between SolarWinds MSP marketing and the potential buyer/existing customer, providing valuable insight and feedback from our user base to help craft and shape future products and effective marketing campaigns. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to travel 25-40% of the time.
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in IT, particularly in the areas of data protection, backup & disaster recovery
- Experience working with various backup platforms (configuration, installation and maintenance)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; must enjoy and embrace an audience
- Proven self-direction, be internally motivated and an independent thinker
- Experience in and comfortable with presenting technical information to large groups in both formal and informal settings, including but not limited to: filming on-camera, live online webcasts and chat sessions, and user group meetings.
- A pre-existing history of community participation and established connections and networks in leading forums.
- A bachelor’s degree that requires logical and analytical reasoning and problem solving, such as computer science, engineering, or applied mathematics.
- Pre-existing social/blog identity with a heavy focus on service delivery or application management themes, with good follower sentiment