Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Marketing, Principal
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Business Group
SolarWinds’ mission is to make IT work by arming technology pros with the solutions they need to solve today’s IT challenges. With more than 250,000 customers worldwide, SolarWinds users are loyal and passionate tech pros, and they depend on our products to solve their day-to-day IT management challenges quickly and easily.
SolarWinds Service Desk (Formally Samanage) is a cloud-based IT service management solution built to streamline the way IT provides support and delivers services to the rest of the organization. Due to our rapid growth, we offer career opportunities and currently we are seeking an experienced Product Marketing, Principal who knows the ropes and can lead us through this phase and beyond.
This is a dream job for an experienced professional who is looking for a high impact and highly visible opportunity at a high growth company that is scaling and moving fast.
As our SolarWinds Service Desk Product Marketing, Principal, you are responsible for all Go-to-Market aspects of this new offering in our portfolio. You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand and you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements, blogging and collateral creation
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with at least 3-5 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proven experience with taking SaaS solutions to market.
- Established background in IT Management and/or Service Management solutions such as ServiceNow, FreshDesk, or Cherwell
- Need to have established experience with ITSM and ITIL concepts.
- Strong communicator, public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
**This positon can be located in Austin, TX or Cary, NC**