Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Triangle Springs - Assessment Specialist
Job Reference #: 8a78859e6a1ee0f9016a2641fd066b2d
Categories: Healthcare - Support Services
Triangle Springs – Assessment Specialist: Full-time Overnight
(NC Licensed Clinician (or) LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LMHC)
Triangle Springs is a 77-bed behavioral hospital located in Raleigh/Durham, NC. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Triangle Springs we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®.
The Assessment department plays an essential role in helping fulfill our mission of “Changing People’s Lives®”. Assessment team members assess the needs of walk-in and phone callers and completes initial psychiatric assessment on patients seeking treatment. As an Assessment Specialist, you will provide a comprehensive assessment and quality therapeutic care to patients seeking treatment of substance abuse, dual diagnosis or psychiatric or emotional disorders. So, do you have what it takes to become part of a team dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®?
Members of our team Enjoy:
- Working with a highly engaged staff
- Healthy staffing levels
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth
- Competitive compensation
A Comprehensive Benefit package offered to Full and Part time team members
- Receives inquiry calls and assists the caller with scheduling a face-to-face assessment or triage to the appropriate community referral.
- Assesses or ensures assessment by a qualified mental health professional of patients who present for assessment.
- Screens for medical and behavioral emergency conditions.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment and quality therapeutic care to patients seeking treatment of substance abuse, dual diagnosis or psychiatric or emotional disorders; coordinates with the clinical team/on-call physician to ensure these needs are met either at the facility or other appropriate community provider.
- Interprets treatment to patient and family to help reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of care and continuation of treatment.
- Completes the administrative processes of admission and precertification of care with external payers, as necessary.
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling required.
- Current unencumbered clinical social work, counseling license or per state of practice guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license and a favorable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), along with proof of insurance when using own auto.
- Ability to meet typing keyboard expectations.
- CPR and CPI certified within 30 days.
- Prior experience in a psychiatric healthcare facility working with adult and geriatric patients preferred.
- Must have strong clinical assessment skills.