Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Multi-family Construction-Division General Manager
at Stock Building Supply
Responsible for Mid-Atlantic Multi-Family Sales and Operations. Manage Business Unit to drive sales, achieve company goals and maximize performance. P&L responsibility.
- Recruit, hire and retain key MF people. Sales, Estimators, and Coordinators.
- Establish parameters, develop expectations and measure performance to meet and exceed key performance objectives.
- Training – develop and lead MF team to understand all aspects of MF sales and operations.
- Establish cadence for MF team to operate independently yet in collaboration with all of the Mid-Atlantic markets and other markets as situations require.
- Develop a plan to execute and grow MF sales.
- Review contracts, product specifications and POs.
- Develop and implement a process for problem solving in MF sales and operations.
- Review reports, P&Ls and other means to evaluate the progress and success of MF operations and sales. Develop a means to grow sales, manage expenses and operate efficiently to meet minimum expectations and develop a profitable business unit.
- Sales and Purchasing:
- Develop sales with the assistance of key multi-family salespeople.
- Establish a process for identifying key prospects, making them targeted leads, develop leads into customers buying supply materials through our MF business unit.
- Provide the necessary resources to the sales and support team to compete effectively with the mission to become a lead player in the Mid-Atlantic Division in each market. Remove the obstacles preventing salespeople from producing budgeted sales and gross profit, holding the salespeople accountable for results.
- Review customer contracts, POs and other supporting documents to determine if the customer is a worthy prospect. Once key prospects are identified, lead the charge to earn sales and gross profit.
- Manage the prequalification process.
- Oversee the submittal process.
- Review product specifications ensuring BMC operates in compliance with the customer’s expectations and the legal environment.
- Oversee Estimating process and procedures. Assign projects to proper estimator(s) and monitor work to ensure work is done accurately and timely.
- Manage the delivery and logistical requirements of MF sales and operations.
- Identify the key products and services to be offered to Multi-family customers (prospects). Prioritize those products and work with purchasing to develop and maintain a procurement model and plan for MF.
- Identify vendor partners and work with these partners to profitably grow this business.
- Identify opportunities where turnkey/installed services are attractive and develop means to sell and service these projects. ****
- Identify target markets, prioritize these markets and develop business plan for each of these markets.
- Contract Compliance:
- Review contracts for MF customers and projects and develop a methodology for ensuring BMC operates within proper levels of legal risk. Mitigate risk where possible.
- Understand that POs must be properly scrutinized and understood for compliance (like contracts).
- Work with BMC legal to obtain the proper approval to proceed with sales (and pass on sales where we are unwilling to take the risk).
- Negotiate contracts and POs with customers, vendors, salespeople and the legal department(s). Understand insurance requirements are equally as important in the MF business unit and market segment.
- Achieve top line sales and gross margin objectives, while managing expenses and costs within budgets. (Establish budget with proper approval.)
- Provide on-going self-improvement and do the same for the entire MF team.
- Ensure good housekeeping in all areas. Ensure operational excellence followed.
- Establish safety programs and operate in a safe manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to manage sales, operations, purchasing and finance/admin functions.
- Through understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Through understanding and utilization of company reports and forms.
- Product knowledge as it relates to MF sales and operations and ability to teach and share this knowledge throughout business unit and those in collaboration.
- Knowledge of computer system and related technology tools.
- Ability to discern contractual and insurance requirements, properly manage and execute.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written.
- Advanced knowledge of MF sales techniques and ability to share with team.
- Good understanding of all positions within the business unit.
- Understanding of commodity markets and vendor sources.
- Time management and delegation skills.
- Through understanding of and ability to manage safety policies.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management or business-related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Special skills required: Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, demonstrated organizational skills and ability to interact with customers and associates on various organizational levels.
- Special knowledge required: strong product family and industry knowledge. General knowledge of blue-prints and building plans.
- Other: Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere, strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and Trend experience would be beneficial. Must be self-motivated and goal driven.
- Minimum experience required: 5 years field experience working in assigned product line.