The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 8,000 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2016 sales of $5.8 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
As a member of our Information Technology team, you'll develop flexible technology solutions and services that support the ever-changing needs of the company. Information Technology is committed to developing team members' technology expertise and leadership skills. Individuals in these key positions apply their technical and business process expertise toward building an integrated enterprise data foundation. Additional opportunities exist in areas such as operations, systems engineering and production support.
Leads IT and IT supported functions utilizing tools, reports, and key processes to provide key analysis and deliverables to support the achievement of business objectives. Creates and analyzes deliverables to provide critical content to enable fact based decision making, facilitation and achieving successful collaboration with the supported stakeholders and have aligned relationships to drive business results and delivery of projects. Works very closely and leads different stakeholder teams to develop and maintain business process artifacts and aid project discovery as well as delivering the project to support and ensure supportability. Works directly with the business for functional requirements gathering, preparation of test plans/scripts, process analysis and financial analysis. Works closely with vendors for delivery of services and projects.
Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance):
% of Time
Engage our People as Business and deliverable Owners: Develop individual capabilities to promote growth. Key activities include:
Drive the Business: Supports technology tools, systems, capabilities, processes, and financials to enable delivery and drive business results across the enterprise.
Technology/Business Planning and Development: Supports execution of functional and technology improvements that drive capacity, quality, and productivity within the enterprise. Key focus areas include:
Build Capability to Drive Growth and Eliminate Waste: Deploys tools, processes and resources to support the enterprise.
Years and Type of Experience:
- 6 -- 10 years of experience / leads high priority projects
- BA or BS Degree
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent time estimation and execution in prescribed estimated periods to provide high quality content and deliverables related to specific assignments.
- Detail oriented and proficient technical writer and creator of effective content for deliverables
- Excellent with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Understands the organization's goals and objectives as well as detailed functional objectives as they apply to their work assignments.
- Executes process workflows and is able to create basic workflows -- "as is", "to be" and gap analysis.
- Works in a cooperative and supportive manner with all stakeholders and stakeholder teams.
- Executes tasks to assigned priorities as estimated in an on-time and provide high quality content for assigned key deliverables or components of deliverables - Follows up and sees tasks through to completion.
- Executes well-defined processes, seeking guidance and clarification outside of the defined limits.
- Independently drives assigned tasks and activities, seeks out additional work as needed
- Excellent project management skills.
- Takes responsibility for getting the work done.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confident, optimistic, can-do attitude and a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willing to be influenced/open to others' views.
- Proactive and able to work under general direction, on multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Solid analysis skills.
- IT Knowledge a plus
- Experience in IT and technology implementation a plus
- Understanding of Lean / Six Sigma a plus
- Has understanding of business process within domain
- Understands existing technologies
- Work experience in an outsourced environment is a must
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, and business engagement skills
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP, Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM) PRINCE2) a plus