The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regulatory Affairs Manager
at The Clorox Company
As Group Manager in Global Stewardship (GS), you will lead a team of regulatory affairs professionals located in Durham, North Carolina, responsible for Burt's Bees product regulatory compliance and safety. You and your team will work closely with technical and business functions to deliver globally compliant personal care products. Additionally, you will provide expert guidance to upstream discovery initiatives, and strong engagement with leading trade associations. In this role you will recruit and develop personnel and maintain a highly engaged team through a strong focus on coaching and development.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Lead a team of direct reports with responsibility for coaching, development, and performance appraisal.
- Assign team members to discovery and commercialization projects, matching skills and development opportunities appropriately, and ensure GS team executes with excellence.
- Provide expert and timely knowledge, and communicate business impacts of global regulatory landscapes and emerging issues.
- Partner with International GS Team to drive efficiency in global registration and compliance activities.
- Develop and implement regulatory strategies.
- Drive decisions through informed risk assessments.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners (i.e., R&D, manufacturing, legal, quality, government affairs) to ensure compliance of formulas, ingredients, claims and labeling.
- Effectively network with trade associations and other key external-facing organizations to support advocacy and compliance activities.
- Utilize strong problem solving skills and internal/external collaboration to deliver regulatory solutions for issue resolution and mitigation.
- Drive implementation of best practices, continuous improvement and learning.
Years and Type of Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in the personal care products industry.
- People management experience; proven ability to coach, motivate and develop team.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with relevant international personal care product regulatory schemes.
- Excellent knowledge of US FDA regulations including OTC monographs.
- Excellent leadership, technical and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, strategic thinking and business acumen, with a commitment to integrity, quality and excellence.
- Ability to implement and oversee multiple projects and programs in a timely manner.
- Global mindset with the ability to create and implement regulatory plans to support domestic and international growth.
- Bachelors of Science from an accredited institution required
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products -- from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
More about Clorox
At Clorox (NYSE: CLX), we build brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, have busy personal lives and are all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes and workplaces. Make your mark and help us drive growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer and professional brands, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Clorox Healthcare® and CloroxPro™ Commercial Solutions®
- More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts and included on CR Magazine's 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list, Barron's 2019 100 Most Sustainable Companies list, the Human Rights Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index and the 2019 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, among others.
We also support our communities, contributing about $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing in fiscal year 2018.
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled