The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Clorox Company
As a Senior Accountant within Corporate Accounting, you will be part of the facilitation the monthly and quarterly close processes for our global organization. You will also participate in cross-functional process improvement and special projects. You will have the opportunity to work directly with various finance personnel, as well as with domestic and international businesses and functions.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Lead monthly and quarterly close processes in SAP, including intercompany transactions, review and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Provide accounting and business support to operations, including research and recommendations on accounting issues, as well as implementation of accounting changes. Document key transactions through technical accounting memorandums.
- Act as liaison between Corporate Accounting and various functions/business units/countries in completing the close process. Review and prepare disclosure information to support External Reporting process. Provide support to internal and external audit activities including preparation of audit schedules.
- Develop relationships and work closely with business partners to continuously improve the close process. Participate in process, control, and financial reporting improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Years and Type of Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (experience in public accounting with SEC clients preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to prioritize
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with cross functional partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
Education Level/ Degree:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (strongly preferred)
More about Finance:
Ready to keep learning? Whether your focus is on supply chain cost management, financial forecasting, long-range planning and analysis, or financial reporting, you'll work on assignments across the organization that will build your business knowledge, technical skills and leadership experience.
More about Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Professional services: Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute's 2018 Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America's Top Corporate Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list. We are featured in the list of top 100 companies in the Inaugural Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018 and ranked #47 on the Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work List for Large Companies. We also support our communities, and, in FY2018, contributed approx. $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing. The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.