The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Data & Information Management Architect
at The Clorox Company
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 8,000 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2016 sales of $5.8 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; Burt's Bees® natural personal care products; and Renew Life® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company's sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
As a member of our Information Technology team, you'll develop flexible technology solutions and services that support the ever-changing needs of the company. Information Technology is committed to developing team members' technology expertise and leadership skills. Individuals in these key positions apply their technical and business process expertise toward building an integrated enterprise data foundation. Additional opportunities exist in areas such as operations, systems engineering and production support.
Specific Core Responsibilities:
- Accountable for developing enterprise data systems, strategies, roadmaps, and actionable reference architectures relevant to their focus area, to best enable business capabilities needed to achieve The Clorox Company's long term growth strategy. This includes data modeling, implementation and data management for enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems while establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with business, service operations, business relationship management and enterprise architects to understand the business requirements and business processes, design data warehouse ("DW") schema and define extract-translate-load ("ETL") and/or extract-load-translate ("ELT") processes for DW. Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members, providing active leadership skills across project team and business community.
- Performs a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation. Creates discover-access-distill ("DAD") strategies to bring significant value data understanding.
- Establishes standards and guidelines for the design & development, tuning, deployment and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and text mining models and physical data persistence technologies with a solid understanding of key BI trends. Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.).
- Works on Business Intelligence projects, and works with analytical group and IT to ensure implementation using both Agile and Waterfall methods. Utilization of advanced data analysis, including statistical analysis, data mining techniques, and use of computational packages such as SAS, R or SPSS.
- Provides oversight and architectural guidance during solution design and delivery phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, in alignment with Clorox reference architectures & business strategies. Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data across clinical procedure codes and geographic areas. Frames and conducts complex analyses and experiments using various statistical techniques.
Years and Type of Experience:
- 10 + years in Architecture and/or Technology planning and support roles
- Experience in designing large scale data warehousing and master data management solutions
- Expertise in two or more technology domains (security, networking, applications/integration, compute, storage, data).
- Fluency across all relevant technology domains and IT Mgmt disciplines (e.g. BC/DR, operations, performance).
Skills and Abilities:
- Communications: Above average communication and presentation skills. Strong written and oral skills. Ability to listen to requirements and translate them in to technology solutions.
Technical or business undergraduate degree