The Fresh Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Fresh Market
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Talent Areas
- Front End Department
- Postal Code
- Position Type
Cashiers provide fast, friendly, and accurate check out services for our customers using computerized cash register systems. Basic math skills, accuracy, and a sense of urgency are important, as is the ability to memorize product identification codes and weekly ad specials. Cashiers are tasked with bagging their customers' orders and helping shoppers find items in the store. They assist in the cleaning and dusting of the checkout stands and surrounding areas and may take “return” products back to proper shelf locations.
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient checkout of customers, including bagging products, answering customer questions regarding store specials, products, and services offered.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the front end; returning items to the floor when needed.
- Quality and safety duties include following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused, and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Ensuring all checkout stands are cleaned by washing and sanitizing all equipment. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Must be able speak English proficiently)
- Basic knowledge of Math
- Must be at least 16 years of age
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of slicers, knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.