The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDER
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTHEASTERN NEW MEXICO DET CTR
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provide basic therapy modalities and levels of care to inmates; provide clinical crises services, intake of new inmates charts, clinical staffing and care management, professional management of caseload, clinical crisis coverage and administrative support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides group mental health therapy and individual sessions.
- Coordinates services and communication with collateral departments and staff
- Assess, diagnose and intervene inmates on clinical needs.
- Schedules clients to assure that frequencies of assessments, reviews, services and treatment plans are completed in accordance with New Mexico Corrections Department (NMCD), The GEO Group, Inc. and GCCF policies as well as Departmental Directives.
- Assures that frequency logs for special assignments, crises services, intake service, segregation services and caseload data base, are completed, maintained and submitted in a timely and accurate fashion in accordance with NMCD, The GEO Group, Inc. and GCCF policies as well as Departmental Directives.
- Participates in 24 hour crises coverage as scheduled adhering to NMCD, The GEO Group, Inc. and GCCF policies as well as Departmental Directives.
- Process family visit documentation.
- Maintains collateral communications with community agencies, court and providers.
- Updates Mental Health kronos, APA certification, Segregation Rounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology, counseling or social work. Three Years (3) experience preferred.
- Must have a valid License Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) or License Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Mental Heath Counselor (LMHC) or above.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with both staff and inmates.