Town of Apex, North Carolina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Track Out Camp Counselor - Limited Service Position
at Town of Apex, North Carolina
Prepares, leads and actively participates in arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor team sports activities, group games and /or other activities. The Track Out Camp Counselor position is limited to 21 weeks of track out camp per fiscal year. Must be able to work Mon-Fri, 8:30am-2:30pm during scheduled track out camp weeks. Schedule will be provided upon request. This is a limited service position.
This is a limited service position. Limited service positions are not eligible for benefits.
- Typical Tasks
- Actively lead participants in recreation and leisure activities.
- Maintain clean work and play areas.
- Serve snacks/meals to participants.
- Monitor campers who have special medical needs.
- Administer first aid and properly document each incident.
- Identifies unsafe situations and work hazards, corrects them if possible and reports them to their supervisor.
- Enforce camp rules; document incidents if needed.
- Carries out job duties in a safe manner in accordance with all Town policies; follows safety procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Reports to Track Out Camp Coordinator.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Town and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of general Town safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to apply and administer first-aid and CPR.
- Ability to observe and work with large groups of children.
- Ability to follow directions; enforce rules.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Possess good customer service skills.
- Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must be 17 years or older at the time of employment.
- Requires valid NC driver's license.
- Experience working with children ages 6-11.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Preferred candidates will be CPR and first-aid certified and have previous experience in a Track Out or Summer camp setting.