Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Standards Systems Analyst
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Software Development
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The UL Standards Organization, housed within the UL-NFP, plays an important role in the support and advancement of UL’s mission. Executing on a long-range plan that positions the organization to be a best-in-class standards development organization with a growing global footprint, it is imperative that the organization apply a robust continuous improvement program. In support of Standards Systems, technological expertise is needed to support the strategic pillars of the long-range plan.
Be a key contributor and influencing team member with UL’s new CSDS 2020 application. Manage the maintenance of standards department system applications and data. Handle issue resolution, data requests, and project delivery. Keep ahead of the curve with advancements in technologies with application to the department needs (XML, DMS/CMS, web functionalities, Data Query techniques); analyze, recommend and implement enhancements to align with customer requirements. When assigned, serves on cross-functional teams and represents the department on external activities.
- Maintains and streamlines data/content management and integrated publishing system.
- Manages Collaborative Standards Development System as System Administrator.
- Performs system administrator functions for unique applications. Ability to trouble-shoot issues and work with internal IT departments and/or other vendors for issue resolution and enhancements while meeting stakeholder requirements.
- Translates user and data requirements into functional specifications.
- The ability to manage a workload predominately comprised of business-critical, politically-sensitive, priority, and/or time sensitive projects.
- Successfully executes on assignments with limited oversight and by engaging the right stakeholders, resources, and tools.
- Acquires requisite knowledge and anticipates causal effect of change on policies, processes, and systems of the organization, including ongoing annual initiatives. Applies due diligence in resolution of competing/conflicting issues.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrates ease in relating effectively to all levels of the organization and negotiating for positive outcomes. Leverages established credibility with internal and external customers to drive for results.
- Performs Other duties as directed.
- University Degree in a related field plus generally four years or equivalent of directly related experience, Computer Science or other technical degree a plus
- Experience with XML/HTML, content management and publish/composition tools, and data management required. XSLT a plus
- Understanding of Databases, SQL queries
- Excellent Business analyst skills – evaluate current systems, process improvements, leverage technology solutions to automate and modernize systems. Ability to manage change (Agent of Change).
- Excellent Project Management skills – working on teams with other people, planning, status reports, effectively reaching project goals
- Advanced technical skills. Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills in all phases of a project or assignment