Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Account Manager
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Management
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday
- Shifts Available
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in North America!
Are you looking for a company with great benefits and future growth opportunities? Allied Universal is experiencing tremendous expansion. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K. If you’re passionate about keeping people safe and have a great work ethic, then we are the right organization for you. Join us and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories!
You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories!
This position is responsible for assisting the Account Manager with all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures.
- Under the direction of the Account Manager, this position assists with the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing the security contract at the assigned location. Assigns work tasks to Security Professionals and directs their work throughout the day;
- This position is the first direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or for Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs. Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training Also responsible for evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments;
- Responsible for making sure that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized;
- Assists the Account Manager in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees. Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs;
- Oversees all reports, logs and pass downs generated by and for the Security Department. Distributes communications and other information to Security Professionals at post as directed;
- Manages and supervises all sub-units within the Security Department, such as fire control room, command center, and loading docks as applicable to job site. May generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests;
- Responds to minor incidents (internal to Security Professionals and/or external to client location) that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner;
- Identifies any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Account Manager or Field Supervisor as appropriate. May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by Account Manager, Branch Manager or Corporate HR Director;
- Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions (may not make or initiate such decisions on his/her own, but may execute such actions at the specific direction of Account Manager with prior approval from Branch/Corporate HR management);
- Responds to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Account Manager, Field Supervisor, Branch and/or Regional Manager. Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support;
- May occasionally perform Security Professional type job duties on an as-needed basis by standing post, but under no circumstances to exceed more than 50% of time in any given workweek.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military required. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus;
- Must possess a valid state Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty;
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required;
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required;
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required;
- Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone or pager 24/7 for emergency response.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports;
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions;
- The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time;
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift;
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities;
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.