Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller in Raleigh, NC at Vaco
CONTROLLER - RALEIGH, NC
Provide direction to accounting staff in the management and oversight of all general accounting functions, including month-end close and financial analysis. Ensure that standard accounting policies, practices, and procedures are implemented and working effectively across the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and ensure that the organization's accounting policies and procedures are documented, followed and in compliance with GAAP when applicable.
- Evaluate all accounting processes to ensure continuous improvement, readiness for audit and appropriate control procedures.
- Establish overall direction and strategic initiatives for the accounting functions including AR, AP, billing, GL and reporting.
- Research and review complex financial/business transactions to present findings and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for all aspects of the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries, updating supporting schedules, and reconciling accounts.
- Support the preparation of financial statements, annual budget, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Serve as a liaison to external auditors and tax professionals.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring financial data is delivered timely and accurately.
- Work effectively with other departments to continually improve productivity and ensure business needs are met.
- Foster internal and external relationships through effective communication to resolve issues as they arise and refine current processes as needed.
- Monitor appropriate staffing levels and engage in staff recruitment and departmental reorganization as necessary.
- Engage and develop staff by empowering ownership of tasks, providing feedback, and rewarding performance.
- Actively participate on the executive leadership team by giving input on strategic decisions by representing the accounting viewpoint with an operational mindset.
- Lead by example and model behaviors that are consistent with the company's values and culture.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in field of general accounting/finance and comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of general accounting and finance functions, or any similar combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Previous experience serving on executive leadership team
- Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), concepts.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with all
- Close attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this position please apply below and include your resume in Word format. Questions? Please contact Beth Shandley, Nick Palacios, Joe Lucas, Josh VanNamee, Ruth Y. or Sharon Richardson at 919-719-6500.
Vaco provides a fresh approach to job placement for accounting, finance, and other professionals looking for full-time or interim positions. We do things differently at Vaco, and the industry is taking notice that we treat you as the true professional that you are. Our goal is to help our clients acquire great talent and help our candidates find their next great opportunity. We value our relationship with you.
Please Note: Your resume will never be submitted to a company without your prior knowledge and approval.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.