Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Security Engineer in Raleigh, NC at Vaco
What are we looking for?
A well-rounded Security Systems Cloud Engineer to be a part of our Cloud Services Team in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for the right candidate to join the existing team in support of information security and infrastructure related to the organization's technologies and solutions provided for customers.
Additionally, you will:* Assist colleagues and Corporate Enterprise Security teams on the development & architecture of enterprise security as well as individual and customer security as it relates to operational systems for environments including research & development, test, QA and hosted & non-hosted production environments;
* Collaborate with Enterprise Security teams in the support of systems related to prevention & protection, detection, recovery, remediation;* Assist with enforcing compliance with Information Security policies, standards, and baselines;
* Participate in the development, architecture and documentation of security monitoring and operational systems to include Threat Vulnerability Scanning / Analytics, including configuring dashboards and views into the current operational state, alert response;* Plan to evolve security posture in support of future software development initiatives;
* Define and implement any additional system reporting and monitoring needs;What do I need to be successful as a Security Systems Cloud Engineer?
* The equivalent of 4+ years' experience in a security-related role in addition to 4+ years of experience in a systems or network engineering role.* Experience in the design, building, implementation & management of protection for desktops, servers, network, endpoints, including monitoring & alerting;
* Experience in Design & implementation of data, system and organizational security architecture as well as supporting policies, procedures, and prevention;* Experience in Configuration, management & troubleshooting of security devices (including firewalls, network devices, intrusion detection, content filtering/blocking, log management, etc.);
* Experience designing & implementing software-defined networks;* Microsoft Azure cloud knowledge and experience including analysis, design, and deployment of security controls such as Network Security Groups and Web Access Firewalls, utilizing Azure Security Center, Advisor & Monitor to create alerts & remediate non-compliant assets.
* Experience in conducting penetration tests and vulnerability assessments as well as responding to security audits;* Experience in the management of data protection, leak prevention, and data breach;
* Experience and/or support knowledge of security related to LAN/WAN devices & network technologies;* Experience in providing security for data at rest, in transit and in disposal;
* Understand how to identify, support and balance the organizational security needs related to prevention/protection, detection, and recovery/remediation;* Strong customer service skills and able to work in a team environment;
* Must exhibit a high-level of logical & analytical skills as well as attention to detail;Desired Skills
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Education RequirementsBachelor's Degree. Comparable IT industry experience will be considered in lieu of a degree and certifications.