Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic Assistant - Veterinary/Customer Service - Wellness Center
at VIP Petcare
VIP Petcare is improving the lives of pets and the people who love them! We deliver affordable and convenient veterinary services in a friendly environment and we are currently looking for dedicated, professional team members who have a passion for pet wellness. Our Wellness Clinics provide high quality preventative and wellness pet care services including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventative medications, microchipping, nail trims and a wellness check commensurate with the services administered.
We are currently looking for Full-Time and Part Time veterinary Clinic Assistants to join our growing team!
The Clinic Assistant provides superior customer service to clients by answering questions and assisting them through the clinic process. During the clinic, the Clinic Assistant assists Veterinarians during examinations and procedures of pets; prepare vaccines and administer according to Veterinarian instructions; make recommendations for services and products to clients based on their pet’s lifestyle; collect, prepare, and label samples such as fecal and blood for outside laboratory testing; properly label and dispense medications; review paperwork with clients and process payments.
VIP Petcare is committed to our employees and offer the following to our Full-Time staff:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
Training is provided.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must enjoy and be comfortable working with primarily dogs and cats of all sizes, temperaments and breeds, including handling and lifting animals as necessary
- Ability and high comfort level in approaching host location's customers to educate about our clinics
- Present professional appearance and positive conduct
- Punctuality and dependability highly valued
- Knowledge of basic sales principles and application while making recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous veterinary technician experience a plus
- Previous customer service or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work schedule, which includes varied days and times, most weekends, and some holiday work
- Reliable transportation to office
- Must successfully pass criminal background check
Environment and Physical:
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds assisted and 50 pounds without assistance
- Stand/walk/move about for prolonged periods of time
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.