Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Care Nurse
at Volunteers of America
Come be a Home Care Nurse with us!! Flexible hours in our Day Center and in Home Care. Bless others with your loving abilities!
- Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the participant.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments per MD orders.
- Is drug knowledgeable and reports participant response, side effects, responds to drug considerations and reports problems or potential problems to the physicians.
- Maintains all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Make physician calls to report resident change in condition.
- Keep families updated on resident conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
OBJECTIVE: The primary purpose of the Home Care Nurse is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the assigned nursing station(s). The Home Care Nurse is responsible for the coordination, planning implementing, and evaluating the nursing services provided to each resident on a 24-hour basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience preferred.
3. Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
4. Demonstrates leadership ability.
5. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
6. Ability to prioritize duties.
7. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
8. Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
9. Must possess effective management and supervisory skills.
10. Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Exposure to blood, body tissue and fluids.
2. Exposure to materials, dust, loud and unpleasant noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.