Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (PACE)
at Volunteers of America
The primary purposes of the Medical Assistant are to perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to help provide care to patients, support physicians and keep office operations running smoothly. Medical administrative skills include monitoring inventories of medical supplies and re-ordering as needed; scheduling appointments; working with laboratory services; updating patient records, and recording medical histories.
COME JOIN AN AWESOME TEAM!
Primary Job Responsibility: Under the supervision of the Clinical Service Manager responsible for daily operations of the Senior CommUnity Care clinic.
- Escort participants to exam rooms, interviews participants, measure vital signs, including: weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient's chart
- Schedule participant Annual/Semi-Annual assessments for providers and nurses. Coordinate with families to attend appointments.
- Maintain provider schedule and follow up appointments as directed by nursing, physician or nurse practitioner.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician or nurse practitioner and document communication in participant chart.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies and re ordering medical supplies as needed.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to participants, caregivers, physician or pharmacy calls.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, water temps, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Application of dressings as prescribed by physician or nurse practitioner and document procedure in participant's medical record.
- The ability to perform phlebotomy, collect laboratory specimens (urine, blood, etc.) and order lab supplies as indicated.
- Administer medications and injections as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Responsible for communication with participant and/or family as needed or required.
- Responsible for coordinating delivery of medications from pharmacy to participant either through direct carrier shipping or delivery through or from PACE center.
- Responsible for restocking and inventory control of ATM machines at the direction of contracted pharmacy.
- All other duties as assigned by physician, nurse practitioner or nursing personnel.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have means of transportation.
- Education: A minimum of high school education or GED is required. Completion of a state approved training program in Medical Assistant with certificate received.
- Experience: Minimum of one-year experience working with a frail or elderly population required.