Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse
at Volunteers of America
Join our growing Home Care agency!
Come be an RN Case Manager with us!! Flexible hours in our Day Center and in Home Care. Bless others with your loving abilities!
- Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the resident.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments per MD orders.
- Is drug knowledgeable and reports resident response, side effects, responds to drug considerations and reports problems or potential problems to the physicians.
- Maintains all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Make physician calls to report resident change in condition.
- Keep families updated on resident conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.