Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Assistant (Certified, Registered or State Tested)
at Volunteers of America
LEAD NURSING ASSISTANT
The primary role of the Lead Nursing Assistant along with performing the duties of a CNA is to be available when CNAs have questions or issues and to lead by example. The Lead Nursing Assistant will assist with training new staff along with the following duties:
- Assures that daily logs/documentation is maintain and filed
- Assists with stocking and maintain personal care supplies
- Assists with staff assignments
- Coordinates efforts with transportation
- Participates with and attends Safety Committee meetings
- Initiates meal times, monitoring temp logs, checking consistencies and other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. State approved nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
3. Experience in the long-term care setting preferred.
4. Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the job without harm to self or others.
5. Ability to prioritize duties.
6. Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
7. Ability to work as part of a team.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.