VSC Fire & Security
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Alarm Technician II
at VSC Fire & Security
- 01-Apr-2019 to 02-Jun-2019 (EST)
- Garner, NC, USA
- Full Time
Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Alarm Technician II in Raleigh, GA. With annual sales of more than $170 million, VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is growing rapidly and we are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
We are looking for a Fire Alarm Technician II with a proven track record in our industry. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. provides fire sprinkler and fire alarm design, installation, service and repair for a wide variety of facilities including medical, retail, residential, schools, government, industrial, military and business settings.
The Fire Alarm Technician II:
- Is responsible for service and construction project management (as needed) of fire alarm systems, as well as other types of low voltage systems
- Interacts and communicate in a professional manner not only within the organization but also with customers
The qualifications for the Fire Alarm Technician II position include:
- 5 years of experience and knowledge related to service and programming of fire alarm systems
- Experience with NFPA 72 and IFC.
- FCI, Fire-Lite, Fike, Gamewell experience (preferred)
- NICET Level I certification in Fire Alarm Systems is desired with the ability to obtain NICET Level II certification within two years of employment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to accurately complete forms/documents and read/comprehend drawings and schematics
- Previous fire alarm certification a plus
- The candidate should be capable of working with minimum supervision and able to trouble shoot and repair systems
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 1000 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!