VSC Fire & Security
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Sprinkler Designer
at VSC Fire & Security
- 28-Mar-2019 to 29-May-2019 (EST)
- Garner, NC, USA
- Full Time
Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Fire Sprinkler Designer in Raleigh, North Carolina. With annual sales of more than $170 million, we are growing rapidly and are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
Honesty, hard work, safety and quality workmanship provide the foundation for our five decades of success. Investment in and support of our more than 1000 employees, with more than 50 professionals who hold NICET 1 Certificates or above, are essential to our growth and success. The American Fire Sprinkler Association independently evaluated VSC Fire & Security, Inc. in key areas including quality of life and industry and community relations and as a result recognized as a Quality Contractor.
We are looking for a professional Fire Sprinkler Designer with a proven track record, strong technical expertise, and excellent communications skills. We recruit and retain top fire protection and life safety professionals by offering:
- A challenging work environment with endless opportunities
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Relocation incentive (when appropriate)
- Top-tier benefit package: medical, dental, vision insurance; Flexible Spending Account(s); life insurance and voluntary life insurance; short term and long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match; and, paid holiday and vacation days
- Ongoing NICET, NFPA, AFSA and AFAA professional development opportunities via our dedicated, on-site Corporate Training Facility with working models of fire protection and life safety equipment
- Cutting-edge technological expertise in fire protection and life safety solutions
- A strong safety record including a dedicated Corporate Safety Manager and formal safety policies training programs
A successful Fire Sprinkler Designer candidate will:
- Review the customer requirements and collaborate with all team members to gather required information to design the fire sprinkler system
- Plan and design fire sprinkler system drawings and schematics for commercial, residential and industrial buildings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software based in the AutoCAD system
- Adhere to all applicable fire, life safety and building codes including manufacturer instructions, National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) codes and standards and local building code compliance requirements
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Perform hydraulic calculations for piping and other components
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Plans and coordinates stock listing and material for installation and project execution
- Meet client and customer needs and support efficient project management via excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Align with all safety policies and protocols during on-site visits
- Perform other assigned duties as requested by immediate supervisor and/or management
The qualifications for Fire Sprinkler Designer position include:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in fire sprinkler design
- Understanding of NFPA and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction requirements
- High School diploma/GED required
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, MS Word and Excel
- Proficient in Windows-based CAD, AutoCAD design software or other fire protection design software
- NICET certification preferred, but not required as training and professional development are provided
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and spatial orientation aptitude and skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with attention to detail
If you are an experienced fire sprinkler designer, we are interested in speaking with you. Contact us today!
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!