Weston & Sampson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utility Locator (NC)
at Weston & Sampson
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we work to improve the communities where you live, work, and play. Join us as we grow.
What we offer:
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company serving public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With more than 600 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success.
In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal:
Weston & Sampson (formerly MAEC) is currently looking for an experienced SUE Technician. This is an immediate opening for a minimum five-year experienced utility locator with gas, water, force main, and cable locating experience. Must be able to work alone with little direction or guidance and be able to communicate effectively and read utility plans. Computer experience a plus. Position requires the individual to work outdoors in all conditions and must be able to travel. The firm will provide a company vehicle and equipment. Clean driving record and background check as the firm works at airports and military installations.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a SUE Technician and a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Work independently as a one-person crew as needed.
- VAC Truck Operator experience preffered.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass background checks necessary to gain access to military, local, state & federal government installations. The ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
- Must pass a DOT drug/alcohol test.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be able and willing to travel, and to work overtime as required.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Must have good mathematical, communication, and computer skills
- Ability to deal effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain.
- Frequently required to sit, stand for long durations, walk, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include good vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry heavy loads; use brush cutting equipment, climb stairs.
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads, including: lift and carry up to 50 pounds; hike up and down slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment.